In very positive news for regional Victorians, Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has announced the lockdown across regional Victoria will lift from 11:59pm tonight. There have been no new coronavirus cases in regional Victoria and thousands of primary close contacts have been cleared from the regions over the last few weeks.
From 11:59pm tonight the five reasons to leave the home will be removed in regional Victoria and there will be no limit on the distance regional Victorians can travel from home. However, people will only be able to travel to Melbourne for a permitted reason and you must follow the Melbourne restrictions once there.
For a full list of restrictions easing visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
From Monday 16th August, 17 community pharmacies across Corangamite and Corio electorates will offer the AstraZeneca vaccine as part of the national rollout.
Community members can now book their AstraZeneca vaccine at:
- Bell Park Pharmacy 55 Hughes St Bell Park
- Community Care Chemist Belmont 157 High St Belmont
- Community Care Chemist Geelong West 1/184 Pakington Street, Geelong West
- Community Care Chemist Grovedale U5 122 Burdoo Dr Grovedale
- Community Care Chemist North Geelong 75 Separation Street North Geelong
- Direct Chemist Outlet Highton Shop 1 Barrabool Hills Plaza 4-46 Province Blvd Highton
- Direct Chemist Outlet Leopold Shop 1 Gateway Plaza 641 – 659 Bellarine Highway Cnr Melaluka Road Leopold
- Direct Chemist Outlet Warralily Shop 6 3-33 Central Blvd Armstrong Creek
- East Geelong Discount Drug Store 1 Ormond Rd East Geelong
- Peak Pharmacy Corio Central, Corio Central Shopping Centre Cnr Bacchus Marsh & Purnell Roads Corio
- Peak Pharmacy Leopold 20 Dorothy Street Leopold
- Peak Pharmacy Newtown 322 Pakington St Newtown
- Pharmacy 4 Less Waurn Ponds Shop 1d Waurn Ponds Sc 173-199 Pioneer Rd Waurn Ponds
- Pharmacy 4 Less Geelong West 95-103 Pakington Street Geelong West
- Priceline Pharmacy Waurn Ponds 135-177 Colac Rd, Grovedale
- Terrywhite Chemmart Armstrong Creek 500-540 Torquay Rd, Armstrong Creek
- Vines Road Guardian Pharmacy 99 Vines Rd Hamlyn Heights
Community pharmacy will also participate in the rollout of the now approved Moderna vaccine from September when 1 million doses will be delivered.
Further information on this pharmacy roll-out will be made available through the Department of Health. If you are eligible, please come forward for your first or second dose. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please get tested.
To check your eligibility and book your vaccine, visit Australia.gov.au
9 August 2021