- About Sarah
- About Corangamite
- News Hub
- Community Hub
- Contact Sarah
Welcome to my website ….
I am honoured to represent the federal electorate of Corangamite as your strong, local voice. Each and every day, I am fighting for jobs, families and infrastructure. I also recognise how important it is to listen, and govern with compassion. A recent example is our announcement that we will consult extensively on any new Medicare reforms.
Our local achievements include ….
- a new Australian Bureau of Statistics Centre of Excellence for Geelong, bringing with it 250 jobs;
- works underway to upgrade the Great Ocean Road and duplicate the Princes Highway from Geelong to Colac, so important for jobs, road safety and our regional economy. The first duplicated section of the Princes Highway has been opened just west of Geelong;
- more than 750 new jobs through our Geelong Region Innovation and Investment Fund, with a strong focus on advanced manufacturing and food processing;
- delivery of the NBN to more than half of the Corangamite electorate. Some 34,000 premises have been included in the first 18 month rollout across Colac Otway, Surf Coast, Queenscliff and Golden Plains regions. NBN fixed wireless is either connected or is being planned for another 5000 premises;
- the NDIS Barwon trial, with planning for a full rollout of the NDIS underway at the new Geelong headquarters of the National Disability Insurance Agency;
- new free trade agreements with Korea, Japan and China which will drive enormous opportunities for the services sector and agriculture, particularly dairy;
- major reforms for small business, the backbone of our local economy, including the abolition of the carbon tax and a major review of competition policy to ensure fairer prices for consumers and small business operators including, I hope, at the petrol bowser in Colac and in our supermarkets;
- We are delivering on a range of funding opportunities including our $155m Growth Fund to drive investment in advanced manufacturing and regional infrastructure; a $1 billion National Stronger Regions Fund to support regional cities and towns; Green Army programs in Queenscliff, Colac, Apollo Bay, Winchelsea and Lorne; Anzac commemorative grants for local communities; and $300,000 Surf Coast Solar Towns program for community solar.
If you have any issue or concern, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to continuing to work as your strong local voice in 2015.
- 27 February, 2015
- 27 February, 2015
- 26 February, 2015
- 24 February, 2015