- About Sarah
- About Corangamite
- News Hub
- Community Hub
- Mobile office visits
- Local grants & programs
- Flag requests
- Congratulatory messages
- Certificates of appreciation
- Community groups
- Local Sporting Champions
- Honours and awards
- Photocopying requests
- ENEWS AND COMMUNITY NEWSLETTERS
- Corangamite Medal
- Christmas in Corangamite card competition
- Community Survey
- Contact Sarah
Budget 2015: responsible, measured and fair
I am honoured to represent the federal electorate of Corangamite as your strong, local voice. Each and every day, I am fighting for jobs, families and infrastructure.
This year’s Budget is responsible, measured and fair. It is a budget for families, jobs growth and opportunity.
- Responsible – because we remain committed to stabilising the nations’ finances and reducing Labor’s debt – key to building a stronger economy for Australians
- Measured – because we understand the importance of balancing the fiscal challenge with the need to drive confidence and jobs investment; and
- Fair – because it delivers for those who most need our help – pensioners, low and middle income families, young people, job seekers, the vulnerable and the disadvantaged.
The 2015 Budget delivers:
- a better childcare system that is simpler, more affordable, more flexible and more accessible;
- a $5.5 billion jobs and small business package, the biggest in our nation’s history;
- a fairer go for pensioners with some 170,000 pensioners with modest assets to receive $30 more per fortnight;
- ongoing funding for major local infrastructure projects such as the $371m Princes Highway duplication and the $50m Great Ocean Road upgrade;
- $7.25m for the $40m Norlane Community Hub project which will deliver 100 permanent jobs to Geelong’s northern suburbs;
- a $1.1 billion boost to national security measures;
- a $300,000 Stronger Communities Programme over two years to help fund local projects in Corangamite; and
- a $1.3m boost to Geelong Employment Connections which funds local job creation programs, targeted at manufacturing workers.
Please go to my Budget 2015 page for a full rundown of all budget announcements.
And please don’t hesitate to get in touch if I can be of assistance.
12 May 2015
- 24 May, 2015