- Australian Government support continues for agricultural shows and field days forced to cancel because of COVID-19.
- 110 events nationally – including two in Ballarat and two in Bendigo electorates to share in $710,818 Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days supplementary payments.
The following agricultural societies will receive an Australian Government cash boost to help them bounce back bigger and better from COVID-19.
- Clunes and District Agricultural Society, Ballarat electorate – $ 2,934
- Kingston Agricultural Society, Ballarat electorate – $ 3,281
- Kyneton Agricultural Society, Bendigo electorate – $ 7,650
- Heathcote Agricultural Pastoral & Horticultural, Bendigo electorate – $2,090
Agricultural shows are being boosted with more Australian Government support to help them bounce back from COVID-19 cancellations.
Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management David Littleproud said the events have been awarded supplementary expense funding under the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program.
A total of 110 events across the country will share in the $710,818 cash boost.
“Almost $34 million has already gone out to the 378 shows and field days approved for funding for costs paid from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020,” Minister Littleproud said.
“Our agricultural shows and field days are bouncing back from the pandemic because of the hard work of their volunteers and support from their communities.”
Senator Henderson said these events were at the heart of local communities and help farmers stay competitive by sharing innovation and new ways of doing business.
“I’m very pleased that these agricultural and pastoral societies will receive this boost. This is great news for the volunteers and their communities,” Senator Henderson said.
“The Australian Government is committed to ensuring agricultural shows and field days are in the best position possible to continue in 2021 and beyond.”
For more information on the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program visit www.agriculture.gov.au/ag-farm-food/infrastructure/supporting-ag-shows.
- The supplementary funding will be delivered to grantees in April-June 2021.
- The Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days Program reimburses eligible costs for shows and field days which had to cancel because of COVID-19.
- There are 580 agricultural shows nationwide, that contribute $1 billion to the economy, attract six million visitors and are serviced by 50,000 volunteers.