I am delighted that Colac Otway Shire has progressed to the next important stage of the Apollo Bay Harbour Development plan and is calling for comment from local residents on its draft proposal for the project.
The project, supported by $12 million from the Morrison Government under the $370 million Geelong City Deal, will provide a much needed upgrade to port, fishing, tourism and community facilities at the harbour.
The Colac Otway Shire’s current plan includes:
– The redevelopment and expansion of the Fishermen’s Co-Op building;
– Major upgrades to the port operations office;
– Significant traffic and streetscape improvement’s for Breakwater Road, Nelson Street and Trafalgar Street;
– Upgrades to the sailing club and a possible expansion of its facilities; and
– Improvements for tourist amenities including parking spaces, bathrooms and change rooms.
On behalf of the Morrison Liberal Government, I was very proud to join with the Apollo Bay community and council in 2018 to secure this funding for such an important project.
Submissions on the draft proposal will close at 5.00pm on 18 October 2020 and can be submitted here.
I encourage all Apollo Bay locals interested in this exciting development to make their voice heard. I look forward to seeing the project plan finalised and construction get underway as soon as possible.
10 September 2020