From 11:59pm tonight 5 August 2020, regional Victoria will move to COVID-19 Stage 3 restrictions.
As the alarmingly high rate of community transmission continues, these restrictions imposed by the Andrews Labor Government are regrettably necessary.
They mean that regional Victorians can only leave home for very limited reasons, students must return to remote learning and many businesses will be forced to close.
With even tougher restrictions in place for Melburnians, this is a very challenging and distressing time for so many Victorians.
Compliance with Stage 3 restrictions – as set out below – and the health advice is vital to combating this second wave.
STAGE 3 RESTRICTIONS
From 11:59pm tonight, regional Victorians are only permitted to leave home for:
- Shopping for food or other essential items;
- Care giving, compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- Exercise (applies to outdoor exercise, and with only one other person or members of your household)
- Work or study, if you cannot work or study from home.
The wearing of masks outside the home remains compulsory unless a lawful exception applies.
Other restrictions include:
Restaurants and cafes
- Restaurants and cafes can continue to operate for takeaway and delivery orders only.
- Food courts must close but restaurants and cafes within food courts can open for takeaway and food delivery only.
- Pubs, bars, clubs and nightclubs will be closed. They can offer takeaway or home delivery of food and alcohol only.
- Bottle shops can remain open.
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools are closed.
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur.
- You can only exercise or undertake sporting activities outside with one other person or your household members. You must be able to keep at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others.
- You must not travel into metropolitan Melbourne (which is under Stage 4 restrictions) except to buy necessary goods and services, for care and compassionate reasons or permitted work, and provided you comply with the Stage 4 restrictions.
- Holidays are not a reason you can leave your home.
- Travelling interstate is not recommended. If you do need to travel interstate for a permitted reason, you should check the restrictions in those states and border rules.
For more information about the restrictions which apply in regional Victoria, please visit: https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria
Details of the extensive health and economic support being provided by the Morrison Government including Covid19 testing, financial support for businesses and individuals; aged care support, and mental health and domestic violence support can be found at https://www.australia.gov.au/
I wish all Victorians every strength during this extremely difficult time.
5 August 2020