I am very proud of our government's investment in many manufacturing businesses and projects in the Geelong and Corangamite region under the following federal funding programs:
- The R&D Tax Incentive
- $20 million Regional Jobs and Investment Package which helped to create more than 600 Corangamite and Geelong jobs at the following local businesses and organisations:
- Lemond Composites
- Flat Glass Industries
- Conflux Technology
- Pure Ponics
- EMU (Aus)
- Capricorn Power
- CPS (Colac)
- Teamworks Performance
- The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund has assisted local manufacturers to diversify and create new jobs. The Geelong region funding recipients are::
- MHG Glass in North Geelong
- Backwell IXL in South Geelong
- LeMond Composites at Deakin University Waurn Ponds
- Carbon Revolution Operations in Waurn Ponds
- Flat Glass Industries in Geelong
- Boundary Bend Olives in Lara
- Air-Radiators in Lara
- Geelong Region Innovation and Investment Fund (GRIIF)
- The Morrison Liberal Government's investment in GRIIF projects has helped to create more than 840 local jobs.
- The Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Program is providing opportunities for advanced manufacturers in the Geelong and Corangamite region. Recipients include:
- Colac-based Australian Lamb received a $516,012 grant to introduce next generation robotics into its floor processing chain to automate operations.
- Lara-based SNF (Australia) received a $2,173,333 grant to establish a liquid acrylamide plant, enabling it to replace imports and enter new markets such as agricultural water run-off remediation.
- HeIQ - an enterprise working with short polymer fibres and based at Deakin University – was awarded a $1.26m competitive grant to establish a commercial-scale manufacturing facility.
More details below:
Congratulations to Deakin University and LeMond Composites on the announcement of their incredibly exciting $58m carbon fibre licensing and production... Read More