Delivering for Corio
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Morrison Government is working extremely hard to support lives and livelihoods and minimise job losses – whether it’s by providing critical support through JobKeeper, JobSeeker or cashflow boost grants for small and medium sized businesses.
Since 2013, the Liberal National Government has delivered millions of dollars in funding support across the Greater Geelong region to grow local jobs including for defence companies and local manufacturers. We have also proudly established key Commonwealth offices in Geelong for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
GEELONG CITY DEAL
- The Morrison Government continues its significant commitment to the region through the $370 million Geelong City Deal, delivering transformative projects to Geelong, the Bellarine and the Great Ocean Road which will boost our visitor economy.
HOWITZER DEFENCE PROJECT
- The Howitzer Defence Project is the biggest defence project ever to come to Geelong, bringing with it up to 350 new jobs
- After being cancelled by the previous Labor Government, the assembly and maintenance of 30 self-propelled Howitzers will deliver a massive boost to Geelong’s vehicle manufacturing sector
SUPPORT FOR GEELONG REFINERY
- The Morrison Government’s Fuel Security Package will deliver a major boost to Viva Energy’s Geelong Refinery, backing its 700 workers by investing in more fuel storage and an annual refinery production payment
NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE AGENCY, GEELONG HQ
- Home to hundreds of workers
- Represents an investment of some $120 million to construct a new headquarters in Malop St Geelong
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS, GEELONG
- Since 2014 when it was established by the Federal Coalition Government, the ABS National Data Centre has supported several hundred jobs
JMR WITH DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER McCORMACK AND URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE MINISTER TUDGE The Morrison-McCormack Government will continue supporting job-creating, economy-boosting infrastructure, as part of our Economic Recovery Plan for Australia, rebuilding our economy to secure regional Victoria’s future. The Government’s record $110 billion transport infrastructure program and $3.5 billion rolling water
The Morrison Government’s Economic Recovery Plan for Australia will create jobs, rebuild our economy and secure Australia’s future, including in Victoria. Under our plan, around 3 million taxpayers in Victoria will receive tax relief for the 2020-21 financial year, with 2.6 million taxpayers to receive up to $1,080 for lower