Delivering for Corio
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Morrison Government is working extremely hard to support lives and livelihoods and minimise job losses – whether it’s by providing critical support through JobKeeper, JobSeeker or cashflow boost grants for small and medium sized businesses.
Since 2013, the Liberal National Government has delivered millions of dollars in funding support across the Greater Geelong region to grow local jobs including for defence companies and local manufacturers. We have also proudly established key Commonwealth offices in Geelong for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
GEELONG CITY DEAL
- The Morrison Government continues its significant commitment to the region through the $370 million Geelong City Deal, delivering transformative projects to Geelong, the Bellarine and the Great Ocean Road which will boost our visitor economy.
HOWITZER DEFENCE PROJECT
- The Howitzer Defence Project is the biggest defence project ever to come to Geelong, bringing with it up to 350 new jobs
- After being cancelled by the previous Labor Government, the assembly and maintenance of 30 self-propelled Howitzers will deliver a massive boost to Geelong’s vehicle manufacturing sector
SUPPORT FOR GEELONG REFINERY
- The Morrison Government’s Fuel Security Package will deliver a major boost to Viva Energy’s Geelong Refinery, backing its 700 workers by investing in more fuel storage and an annual refinery production payment
NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE AGENCY, GEELONG HQ
- Home to hundreds of workers
- Represents an investment of some $120 million to construct a new headquarters in Malop St Geelong
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS, GEELONG
- Since 2014 when it was established by the Federal Coalition Government, the ABS National Data Centre has supported several hundred jobs
JMR WITH FAMILIES AND SOCIAL SERVICES MINISTER RUSTON The Morrison Government is investing in innovative strategies to address the barriers preventing people with mental illness from finding and keeping a job. Minister for Families and Social Services Anne Ruston said the Government has committed an additional $45.7 million to extend
JMR WITH INDUSTRY, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MINISTER McCORMACK Local manufacturers in regional Victoria with shovel-ready projects to increase their productivity and grow jobs are being reminded to apply for a Manufacturing Modernisation Fund (MMF) grant. Businesses will be able to apply for between $100,000 and $1 million to invest in