Delivering for Corio
Investing in health & education
Apart from the massive investment in schools, hospitals and universities under the Morrison Government’s funding agreements including with the Victorian Government, we are also making a number of additional local investments in schools, health and specialist care facilities and mental health programs.
LOCAL HEALTH UPGRADES
- $50m for a new Women’s and Children’s Hospital facility, University Hospital Geelong
- $10m for a new paediatric emergency department, University Hospital Geelong
- $2m for upgrade at Bellarine Community Health Portarlington
- $4m for new health services and headspace at Bellarine Community Health Ocean Grove
- $14m Adult mental health hub in Corio
- New MRI licence at Epworth Hospital providing around 6,000 bulk billing services a year
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
- Funding boost for Headspace Geelong
- New headspace service for Ocean Grove
- Funding for suicide prevention group to support Geelong community including local schools
SPECIALIST CARE FACILITIES
- Anam Cara Geelong hospice, to be constructed at Deakin Waurn Ponds
- Foundation 61 women’s hospital
- Kids Plus Foundation disability centre, Deakin Waurn Ponds
JMR WITH FAMILIES AND SOCIAL SERVICES MINISTER RUSTON The Morrison Government is investing in innovative strategies to address the barriers preventing people with mental illness from finding and keeping a job. Minister for Families and Social Services Anne Ruston said the Government has committed an additional $45.7 million to extend
I welcomed the move in the Federal Budget to allow young Australians to remain on their parents plan until 31 and for disabled Australians to remain on the plan without age limits.
Victorians’ mental health and wellbeing has taken a hit during the second lockdown and I proud to announce that the Government will fund new mental health clinics in Ballarat and Geelong.