Delivering for Corangamite
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Morrison Government is working extremely hard to support lives and livelihoods and minimise job losses – whether it’s by providing critical support through JobKeeper, JobSeeker or cashflow boost grants for small and medium sized businesses.
Since 2013, the Liberal National Government has delivered millions of dollars in funding support across the Corangamite and Greater Geelong regions to grow local jobs including for defence companies and local manufacturers. We have also proudly established key Commonwealth offices in Geelong for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
HOWITZER DEFENCE PROJECT
- The Howitzer Defence Project is the biggest defence project ever to come to Geelong, bringing with it up to 350 new jobs
- After being cancelled by the previous Labor Government, the assembly and maintenance of 30 self-propelled Howitzers will deliver a massive boost to Geelong’s vehicle manufacturing sector
RECENT JOB CREATION PROGRAMS
- $20m Regional Jobs and Investment Package, supporting some 600 new jobs
- Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund supporting key local manufacturers including MHG Glass in North Geelong, Backwell IXL in South Geelong, Carbon Revolution Operations in Waurn Ponds, Flat Glass Industries in Geelong, Boundary Bend Olives in Lara and Air-Radiators in Lara
- Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Program supporting key local manufacturers including Colac-based Australian Lamb, Lara-based SNF (Australia) and HeIQ, located at Deakin University
NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE AGENCY, GEELONG HQ
- Home to hundreds of workers
- Represents an investment of some $120 million to construct a new headquarters in Malop St Geelong
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS, GEELONG
- Since 2014 when it was established by the Federal Coalition Government, the ABS National Data Centre has supported several hundred jobs
JOINT MEDIA RELEASE WITH THE PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON, MINISTER FOR EMPLOYMENT, SKILLS, SMALL AND FAMILY BUSINESS MICHAELIA CASH AND THE ASSISTANT MINISTER FOR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TRAINING AND APPRENTICESHIPS STEVE IRONS The Morrison Government will invest $2 billion to give hundreds of thousands of Australians access to new skills by
Bendigo manufacturer will produce 10 new electric vehicles for the mining industry, Bendigo Advertiser, 15 July 2020
Safescape to receive $200,000 for a new autonomous vehicle project for the mining sector.
I commend Geelong’s key local organisations along with the City of Greater Geelong for collaborating on its funding priorities for our region. I look forward to continuing to work with these organisations to support their aspirations. After leading the advocacy and securing critical Commonwealth funding for projects such as the