Delivering for Corangamite
Investing in health & education
Apart from the massive investment in schools, hospitals and universities under the Morrison Government’s funding agreements including with the Victorian Government, we are also making a number of additional local investments in schools, health and specialist care facilities and mental health programs.
LOCAL HEALTH UPGRADES
- $50m for a new Women’s and Children’s Hospital facility, University Hospital Geelong
- $10m for a new paediatric emergency department, University Hospital Geelong
- $2m for upgrade at Bellarine Community Health Portarlington
- $4m for new health services and headspace at Bellarine Community Health Ocean Grove
- $14m Adult mental health hub in Corio
- New MRI licence at Epworth Hospital providing around 6,000 bulk billing services a year
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
- Funding boost for Headspace Geelong
- New headspace service for Ocean Grove
- Funding for suicide prevention group to support Geelong community including local schools
SPECIALIST CARE FACILITIES
- Anam Cara Geelong hospice, to be constructed at Deakin Waurn Ponds
- Foundation 61 women’s hospital
- Kids Plus Foundation disability centre, Deakin Waurn Ponds
Victorians’ mental health and wellbeing has taken a hit during the second lockdown and I proud to announce that the Government will fund new mental health clinics in Ballarat and Geelong.
The Morrison Government will continue to support Victorians’ mental health throughout the pandemic and I was proud to announce the Government will fund new mental health clinic at Barwon Health North.
The pandemic and Victoria’s second lockdown are placing a significant burden on Victorians’ mental health and I encourage Geelong residents who have been impacted to seek support at the new federally funded mental health clinic in Norlane.