Delivering for Bendigo
More local jobs
The Morrison Government is committed to boosting economic growth and job creation across the Bendigo electorate as a key focus of our COVID economic recovery.
RAIL MANUFACTURING JOBS BOOST
Supporting Castlemaine rail manufacturer Vossloh Cogifer with an $80 million investment to deliver 200 turnouts for the Morrison Government’s nation building 1,700 kilometre Inland Rail Project. This investment will create an 32 new jobs and deliver additional benefits to local suppliers and businesses.
RECENT JOB CREATION INITIATIVES
The Morrison Government is supporting Bendigo workers and employers with the following economic measures:
- The JobKeeper program that has supported 4,900 businesses in Bendigo;
- Cash Flow Boost Payments that have helped 4,400 Bendigo Businesses stay afloat;
- The tax relief package that has benefited 62,600 taxpayers in Bendigo;
- The instant asset write-off scheme benefits will allow 16,400 businesses in Bendigo to write off the full value of any eligible asset in 2020-21.
Apart from Morrison Government’s vital economic support programs such as JobKeeper, the cash flow boost payments and the instant asset write off scheme, the government is investing in projects to create jobs in Bendigo including:
- Delivering $1.2 million to Bendigo manufacturers through the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund (MMF) to help small and medium sized manufacturers invest in capital equipment and new technologies.
- Public Interest News Gathering grants for the Midland Express in Kyneton and The Local in Glenlyon
- Funding to support the 2021 Castlemaine State Festival.
DELIVERING FOR DEFENCE MANUFACTURERS
The Morrison Government is proud to be investing in the Hawkei armoured vehicle project and has contracted Bendigo manufacturer Thales to deliver 1,100 state of the art vehicles and 1,058 associated trailers to the defence force while creating 200 local Bendigo jobs.