Delivering for Ballarat
More local jobs
The Morrison Government is committed to boosting economic growth and job creation across the Ballarat electorate as a key focus of our COVID economic recovery.
TRANSFORMING SOVEREIGN HILL
With $10.1 million from the Morrison Government, Sovereign Hill will deliver a new master plan and construct the Centre for Rare Arts and Forgotten Trades and establish the new Gold Pavilion and the Australian Centre for Gold Rush Collections.
RECENT JOB CREATION INITIATIVES
The Morrison Government is supporting Ballarat workers and employers with the following economic measures:
- The JobKeeper program that has supported 5,500 businesses in Ballarat;
- Cash Flow Boost Payments that have helped 5000 Ballarat Businesses stay afloat;
- The tax relief package that has benefited 64,800 taxpayers in Ballarat;
- The instant asset write-off scheme benefits will allow 17,100 businesses in Ballarat to write off the full value of any eligible asset in 2020-21.
Apart from Morrison Government’s vital economic support programs such as JobKeeper, the cash flow boost payments and the instant asset write off scheme, the government is investing in projects to create jobs in Ballarat including:
- Delivering $665,000 under the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund to support a range of local Ballarat electorate manufacturers;
- Public Interest News Gathering grants for the Moorabool News and The Local;
- Funding to support the 2021 Ballarat International Foto Biennale.
UPGRADING BALLARAT AIRPORT
The Morrison Government is proud to have delivered $5 million for vital upgrades to Ballarat airport under the Australian Government’s Regional Airports Program. This investment will provide a boost to the Ballarat economy and increase Ballarat’s access to the domestic and international markets and tourists.
Morrison Government delivers $55 million road safety upgrades for Geelong, Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh and Apollo Bay regions
JMR WITH DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER McCORMACK AND ASSISTANT MINISTER FOR ROAD SAFETY BUCHHOLZ New road safety upgrades and improvements will be delivered across the Geelong, Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh and Apollo Bay regions, as well as western Melbourne, thanks to funding from the Australian and Victorian governments. Senator for Victoria Sarah
JMR WITH DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER McCORMACK The Morrison Government has approved funding for 8 projects across the Ballarat electorate as part of its $1.5 billion Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program (LRCI Program) which is supporting local jobs, businesses and boosting the economy during COVID-19. Senator for Victoria Sarah Henderson
JMR WITH FAMILIES AND SOCIAL SERVICES MINISTER RUSTON The Morrison Government is investing in innovative strategies to address the barriers preventing people with mental illness from finding and keeping a job. Minister for Families and Social Services Anne Ruston said the Government has committed an additional $45.7 million to extend