The Prime Minister has called the federal election for 18 May.
I am honoured to be re-contesting the electorate of Corangamite as a member of the Morrison Liberal Government.
Corangamite residents have a clear choice – to vote for a government which is building a strong economy, fixing the Budget and delivering a surplus and a government which is delivering record jobs growth, lower taxes and record funding for roads and rail infrastructure, schools and hospitals.
Or they can vote for Labor and Bill Shorten who will weaken the economy, hit Australians with more than $200 billion of new taxes and turn their back on regional Australia.
Locally, this federal election is about delivering and about integrity.
Working together, I have delivered so much for our community, including:
- An incredible $2 billion for fast rail from Geelong to Melbourne which will fix the Regional Rail Link and slash the travel time to 32 minutes; and $850 million for the Geelong rail duplication including upgrading Waurn Ponds, Marshall and South Geelong stations to deliver more reliable train services, more often;
- Record education and health funding including $50 million for a new Women’s and Children’s Hospital facility and a new children’s Emergency Department for our region;
- Record roads investment including $5 million for Murradoc Rd and more funding for the Princes Highway duplication and Great Ocean Road;
- Major job creation investments including $184 million for our City Deal and $20 million for Avalon’s international terminal;
- Fixing mobile blackspots; and
- Upgrading community infrastructure including sports facilities and surf lifesaving clubs.
This election is about delivering for Corangamite and it is about integrity.
Regrettably, what we will see from Labor is higher taxes and more lies.
I am asking Corangamite constituents for their support because of my very strong record of achievement, because I will continue to speak out to fix problems and because integrity in politics matters.
A vote for Bill Shorten and Labor is a vote for more than $200 billion of higher taxes including unfair taxes on housing, electricity and retirees.
A vote for Bill Shorten’s candidate in Corangamite is a vote for someone who, as a councillor, has turned her back on the community time and time again. As a Surf Coast councillor, she voted to close the Winchlesea Tea Rooms; refused to support a pool for Torquay, allowed inappropriate development across the Surf Coast, voted for higher council rates and even doubled pet registration fees.
In remaining on council whilst a Labor Party candidate, she demonstrated she did not have the integrity to put the community first. She failed to support a City Deal which included Corangamite and she won’t even back the people of Anglesea over removing Alcoa’s chimney stack, a major blight on the environment. Several weeks ago, when I announced $4 million for a new Ocean Grove Health Hub and headspace, she announced a headspace with no space.
And now, we see she is wholly owned by the CFMEU. If my Labor opponent had integrity, she would not be endorsing the lawless CFMEU which Bob Hawke says should be deregistered.
I am proud to be delivering for Corangamite with integrity and I ask for the support of the people of Corangamite for another three years.
11 April 2019