I was delighted to visit the Leopold Hall today to announce a $77,123 grant for facility upgrades under Round 3 of the Federal Liberal Government’s highly successful Building Better Regions Fund.
The Leopold Hall committee will use the grant to upgrade and extend facilities to accommodate all users of the hall.
I am so proud to be delivering this important investment and congratulate the Leopold Hall committee and community groups that use the hall.
Leopold Hall is an incredible community asset which is used to host community meetings and to run community classes and events, including: weekly dance events; exercise groups; karate classes for all ages; ballet classes for young children; and round dancing for all ages with a focus on positive impact to people with dementia.
I am proud to be delivering for communities on the Bellarine, including:
- $10 million for a new Queenscliff ferry terminal;
- More than $4 million for Bellarine roads under our Government’s Roads to Recovery and Black Spot Program;
- $4 million to construct the Ocean Grove Health and Wellbeing Hub complete with headspace;
- $3.5 million for a new sports pavilion at Shell Road Reserve;
- $3.48 million for Hesse Street and Queenscliff Lighthouse Reserve upgrades in Queenscliff;
- $1.5 million for Cottage by the Sea upgrade;
- $1.45 million for the Queenscliff Cultural Hub;
- $1.16 million for Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club;
- $650,000 for the Point Lonsdale Surf Life Saving Club redevelopment;
- $500,000 for Leopold Community Hub – Stage One;
- $370,000 for new sports lights for Barwon Heads;
- $180,000 Barwon Heads netball court upgrade;
- $120,000 for CCTV cameras for Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads traders;
- $300,000 for Basil’s Farm upgrade near St Leonards; and
- $90,000 for Portarlington Golf Club upgrade.
15 March 2019