I was delighted to visit Teesdale today to announce a $222,000 grant for the upgrade of Turtle Bend Reserve under Round 3 of the Federal Liberal Government’s highly successful Building Better Regions Fund.
The Teesdale Turtle Bend Reserve upgrade will consist of major improvements to existing infrastructure and the installation of new infrastructure which includes:
- a power upgrade
- public toilet upgrade;
- a new basketball and netball half-court;
- outdoor play and walk areas with seating;
- widening of the pedestrian bridge;
- carpark upgrade – sealing of access road and ease of vehicle access; and
- improved fencing and maintaining rock wall centrepiece.
I am so proud to be delivering this vital infrastructure upgrade and congratulate the Teesdale community.
Turtle Bend Reserve is an incredible community asset which includes a children’s playground, barbeque area and nature walk. It’s a terrific meeting place for community members to participate in events and health and wellbeing activities.
I am proud to be delivering for the Golden Plains, including:
- A $5 million Hamilton Highway safety upgrade;
- $500,000 for new sports lights at Bannockburn’s Victoria Park;
- Fast NBN broadband;
- Meredith and Steiglitz mobile base station;
- More than $6 million for local road upgrades including Mason Road and McPhillips Road;
- $1.2 million for the Bannockburn Civic Heart Project;
- $100,000 for Golden Plains Soccer Club facility upgrades; and
- $4,000 for Bannockburn and District Bowls Club.
8 March 2019