I was delighted to visit Queenscliff today to announce a $1.45 million grant for the Queenscliff Cultural Hub under Round 3 of the Federal Liberal Government’s highly successful Building Better Regions Fund.
This grant will help fund the construction of a new Queenscliff Cultural Hub which involves rebuilding the historic museum, library and visitors centre into one integrated building.
The new cultural hub will:
- support the Borough’s tourism industry through improved visitor information;
- strengthen Queenscliff’s destination appeal by enhancing the cultural experience;
- generate further main street visitation and activity to support local traders and strengthen the local economy; and
- modernise and expand a limited library service by providing additional space for community education, wellbeing and support services and programs.
I am very proud of our Government’s investment in vital community infrastructure for Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale, which includes:
- $10 million for a new Queenscliff ferry terminal;
- $1.5 million for Cottage by the Sea upgrade;
- $3.48 million for Hesse Street and Queenscliff Lighthouse Reserve upgrades;
- Local road upgrades including Bowen Road and Nelson Road; and
- $650,000 for the redevelopment of Point Lonsdale Surf Life Saving Club.
7 March 2019