I was delighted to attend the official opening of the redeveloped Birregurra Mechanics Hall on Sunday 9 December 2018.
The Morrison Government invested $245,000 in the ‘I have a HALL in my Heart’ project under the Building Better Regions Fund, which has seen the transformation of Birregurra’s local hall into a digital hub and centre for cultural innovation.
The hall is complete with an upgraded foyer, dressing rooms, landscaping and new audio-visual performance technology which will re-engage the community in the arts and secure its long-term future.
This $491,000 project represents a very significant investment into the Birregurra community. The hall is such an important community hub and this upgrade will make such a difference.
I pay tribute to the many community groups that have played an important role in the project, including the Birregurra Community Group and the Birregurra Art Show.
I am also proud of many other investments that the Morrison Government has delivered for the Birregurra community, including:
- $181.5 million for the duplication of the Princes Highway between Winchelsea and Colac;
- $240,000 for the Birregurra Recreation Reserve to build new netball change rooms;
- a new mobile base station and NBN fixed wireless tower;
- $10,000 for the Birregurra Bowling club;
- An equipment grant for the Birregurra Community Group; and
- $5000 for backyard improvements at Birregurra Preschool.
11 December 2018