I am delighted to invite Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale residents to a Bellarine community forum to be held this coming Friday 14 September 2018 at the Bay Room, Queenscliff Uniting Church Hall, cnr Stokes and Hesse Streets Queenscliff, from 5.00pm-6.00pm.
As the Federal Member for Corangamite, this is an important way for me to listen to the concerns and aspirations of the people I represent and then take action.
I am proud of the many investments the Morrison Government has delivered for the Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale communities including:
- $1.5 million for the Cottage by the Sea redevelopment;
- Numerous local road upgrades under our Roads to Recovery fund;
- Green Army projects for Point Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve and Queenscliff foreshore;
- The upgrade and viewing platform at the Point Lonsdale front beach;
- Extended mobile phone coverage from a new base station at St Leonards;
- National Heritage Listing priority assessment for Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve; and
- The completion of NBN fast broadband rollout.
I also recently released a media statement on the Destination Queenscliff project to which our government is contributing $3.48 million.
While the funding terms for the cabins and café are under review, many important projects such as landscaping and public amenities for ANZAC commemorations at the Ocean View carpark are not impacted.
11 September 2018