Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, has called on community organisations to apply for a share of up to $20 million in funding to support the efforts of their volunteers.
Ms Henderson said applications for the Volunteer Grants round were now open.
“Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 will help community organisations in Corangamite and Corio to buy equipment such as laptops, pay fuel costs, train volunteers and improve their fundraising,” Ms Henderson said.
“Volunteers are the lifeblood of our community and by continuing to help each other and work together, we are building a stronger and safer community.
“Around 40 Corangamite and Corio organisations were among the 2,690 groups nationally who benefited from the Volunteer Grants in 2016, including The Wave Project in Jan Juc, Forrest and District Community Group, Colac City United Cricket Club, Special Olympics Barwon and the St Leonards Golf Club.
“Special Olympics Barwon used their grant to assist with computer equipment, volunteer fuel and training costs and first aid and safety.
“I encourage all not-for-profit organisations in Corangamite and Corio to apply for the Volunteer Grants to help make the work of our volunteers easier, safer and more enjoyable.”
The full list of recipients from the 2016 Volunteer Grants are:
- Colac Otway Residents Action Group Inc. ($3700)
- The Wave Project Inc. ($5000)
- Geelong Touch Association Inc. ($2849)
- Cherished Pets Foundation Limited ATF Cherished Pets Foundation ($2808)
- 3216 Connect Inc.($2,700)
- Forrest and District Community Group Inc ($4250)
- Smythesdale Petanque Club Inc. ($1500)
- Colac Toy Library Inc ($1590)
- Lions Club of Geelong South Barwon Inc ($2068)
- Rotary Club of Highton Inc ($1643)
- Queenscliffe Maritime Museum Inc ($2950)
- Colac Woodcrafters Guild Incorporated ($4330)
- Ceres Community Association Inc. ($3000)
- Terry Visscher ($2954)
- Colac Night Netball Association Incorporated ($3000)
- Colac City United Cricket Club Inc.($5000)
- Wye River Surf Lifesaving Club Inc. ($2000)
- Lions Club of Colac Inc ($5000)
- Wye River and Separation Creek Progress Association Inc ($2250)
- Country Hockey Umpires Incorporated ($4000)
- A60 Inner Wheel District Committee Inc ($4400)
- Geelong One Fire Reconciliation Group Inc ($2850)
- Geelong Try Boys Brigade Inc ($5000)
- Edward Pitfield ($3800)
- St Leonards Mens Shed Inc ($5000)
- The Springs T.O.W.N. Club Inc.($1285)
- Bellarine Sharks A. F. C. Inc ($2750)
- St Leonards Golf Club Inc ($2289)
- Lions Club of Geelong Breakfast Incorporated ($5000)
- Kim Brian ($5000)
- Bluebird Foundation Inc. ($2335)
- Maori Culture Community of Geelong Inc ($2112)
- Geelong Ethnic Communities Council Incorporated ($2400)
- Hazara Community Geelong Inc ($5000)
- Manifold T.O.W.N. Club of Victoria Inc ($1490)
- North Shore Recreation Club Incorporated ($4485)
- Lao-Thai Geelong Care Incorporated ($2450)
- Greek Orthodox Bellarine Peninsula Club Agapi Inc ($4800)
For more information or to apply, visit the Australian Government’s GrantConnect website at www.grants.gov.au.
Applications close Tuesday 18 September 2018.
3 September 2018.