Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, today announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit up to $100,000 to upgrade the scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at Burdoo Reserve, the home of the Grovedale Football and Netball Club and Grovedale Cricket Club.
“This funding commitment will support the installation of a new electronic scoreboard and coaches box,” said Ms Henderson.
“The conversion of the current timekeepers/scoreboard building and home coaches box into one building will modernize these facilities and assist with the operation of the club for the many match day volunteers.
“As a growing club, the Grovedale Tigers support the community through junior and senior football and netball. Having met with the club several times to discuss their redevelopment plans, I am proud to be making this commitment today.
“Whether it’s investing in the Shell Rd Reserve pavilion in Ocean Grove, re-developing Colac Central Reserve or delivering new lights previously for Burdoo Reserve, the Turnbull Government has a proud track record of delivering for Corangamite community and sporting infrastructure projects.
I am delighted to make this election commitment which is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve
- $5 million for Anam Cara Community Hospice
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra
- Almost $1million for Colac CBD Entrances project
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
4 June 2016