As your strong local voice, standing up and delivering for the Corangamite electorate is a key part of my role as your local Federal representative. Apart from the delivery of many important local investments, I have been proud to champion the following issues on your behalf:
- justice for Wye River bushfire victims after they were ripped off by AAMI Insurance;
- the demolition of Alcoa’s Anglesea power station including the removal of the chimney stack;
- backing the Surf Coast community on the need for an aquatic centre which my Labor opponent, as a councillor, opposed for some ten years;
- advocating for a MRI Medicare licence for Epworth Geelong;
- as chair of a parliamentary committee, family violence law reform; and
- as chair of the House Economics committee, holding the banking regulators to account over a failure to regulate our banks and other financial institutions.
More details below: