While the Federal Government provides a wide range of grants and funding support to organisations including by way of competitive application, below is a list of some key local grants and funding programs which are currently open and relevant to Corangamite residents.
You may also want to check out an excellent resource – www.grantready.com.au – which collates all government grants as well as some philanthropic grants.
If you need any more information or help applying for a grant, please don’t hesitate to call Sarah’s office on 03 5243 1444.
- Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme: Applications currently open. See http://www.business.gov.au/advice-and-support/EIP/Pages/default.aspx
- Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Programme: Applications currently open. See http://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-assistance/growth-fund/Automotive-Industry-Structural-Adjustment-Programme/Pages/default.aspx
- Saluting Their Service grants and Veteran and Community Grants program: Visit the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) website www.dva.gov.au/grants or contact your nearest DVA office on 1800 555 254.
- Building Excellence in Support and Training: (BEST) Program supports ESOs to provide compensation and welfare assistance to the veteran and Defence communities. It also links closely to the Advocacy Training and Development Program, which provides practitioners with the essential skills for claims, advocacy and welfare work.
- Applications for Round Two of the Coalition Government’s Safer Communities Fund are now open. Local councils and community organisations are invited to apply through this open competitive round for funding for security enhancement projects, such as CCTV, bollards and lighting. Further information on the Safer Communities Fund is available on the Australian Government’s Safer Communities Fund website at www.business.gov.au/safer-communities-fund, or by calling 13 28 46. Applications close on 14 November 2017.
- Expressions Interest for the Armistice Day Centenary Grants program are now open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Corangamite expression of interest form. Expressions of interest close on Thursday 9 November 2017. Full applications for recommended projects open on 11 November 2017 and close on 28 February 2018.
- The Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund is provided through Regional Arts Victoria which administers two funding programs: Community Grants (Applications for Round 1 2018 will open Monday 8 January 2018 and close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 13 March 2018 for projects starting after 1 July 2018. Quick Response Grants The Regional Arts Fund Quick Response Grant Funding is currently closed and will reopen on Monday 8 January 2018.
- Applications are now open for participation in the Early Learning Languages Australia program which engages preschoolers with languages other than English through a series of fun, play-based apps, which are aligned to the Early Years Learning Framework. Applications close on 15 December 2017. For more information and to submit an application, visit www.ella.edu.au.