While the Federal Government provides a wide range of grants and funding support to organisations including by way of competitive application, below is a list of some key local grants and funding programs which are currently open and relevant to Corangamite residents.
You may also want to check out an excellent resource – www.grantready.com.au – which collates all government grants as well as some philanthropic grants.
If you need any more information or help applying for a grant, please don’t hesitate to call Sarah’s office on 03 5243 1444.
- Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme: Applications currently open. See http://www.business.gov.au/advice-and-support/EIP/Pages/default.aspx
- Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Programme: Applications currently open. See http://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-assistance/growth-fund/Automotive-Industry-Structural-Adjustment-Programme/Pages/default.aspx
- Saluting Their Service grants and Veteran and Community Grants program: Visit the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) website www.dva.gov.au/grants or contact your nearest DVA office on 1800 555 254.
- Local Sporting Champions: This program is designed to support young people participating in state, national and international level sporting championships as either an athlete, coach or official. Click here to apply.
- Building Excellence in Support and Training: (BEST) Program supports ESOs to provide compensation and welfare assistance to the veteran and Defence communities. It also links closely to the Advocacy Training and Development Program, which provides practitioners with the essential skills for claims, advocacy and welfare work.
- The Community Heritage Grants program offers grants of up to $15,000 for community organisations such as public libraries, museums, historical societies, Indigenous and multicultural groups to help preserve and protect nationally significant collections. Applications close on Monday, 8 May 2017. The guidelines and application form are available at: www.nla.gov.au/awards-and-grants/chg
- The Bridges Renewal Programme is a great opportunity for state, territory and local governments to apply for funding to have ageing bridges fixed, with up to half the cost met by the Australian Government. Round Three is open for applications until 15 May 2017. Guidelines and proposal forms are now available at: www.infrastructure.gov.au/bridges
- The $50m Smart Cities and Suburbs Program is for councils that are looking to build smart cities know-how. Applications are open until 30 June 2017. For more information and to download a copy of the Smart Cities and Suburbs Program guidelines, visit business.gov.au
- The history, culture and achievements of First Australians will be celebrated through a $1.4m Turnbull Government grants round that will support events to be held as part of NAIDOC Week activities in July. Details about the 2017 NAIDOC grants funding round are available on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet website. Applications close on 27 April.
- As per our election commitment, the Corangamite Solar Communities program is expected to open mid 2017 – check here for updates.