I wish to congratulate the owners and staff of Ridley Corporation Limited on the official opening of their new $21m feedmill at Lara.
The new feedmill, supported by an $800,000 grant from the Geelong Region Innovation and Investment Fund (GRIIF), will service poultry and pig customers around Geelong and Western Victoria.
The GRIIF funding has helped to generate 20 new full time jobs for the Lara site and 25 supply chain jobs in freight and logistics.
This is a great example of how our government is working closely with local businesses to support new jobs and growth for the Geelong and Corangamite regions Ms Henderson said.
The $29.5m GRIIF includes $15m of Commonwealth funding with $5m each from Ford Australia and Alcoa. With private investment of over $100m, the GRIIF has created over 840 new full time jobs. This is a great outcome for our community.
The funding comes on top of the Turnbull Government’s substantial $4.17m investment in the Golden Plains Food Production precinct for the construction of a new Barwon Water pipeline to support intensive agriculture.
The new food producing region will unlock $160m in regional investment and create 770 jobs over the next decade.
The Turnbull government is continuing to deliver a strong economic plan for Corangamite including:
- $20m Regional Jobs and Investment Package for Geelong and Corangamite which will fund competitive business innovation grants to grow jobs, new or upgrade infrastructure and training to address skills shortages;
- The National Disability Insurance Agency Headquarters
- $14m Advanced Manufacturing Industry Growth Centre operating out of Deakin University Waurn Ponds
- $13.3m for Six National Stronger Regions Fund projects including Queenscliff, Bannockburn and Winchelsea
- Australian Bureau of Statistics National Data Centre opened March 2016 creating up to 260 local jobs
- $3.86m Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Program (part of $155m Growth Fund). Various local manufacturers have received grants including SNF Lara and Heiq
- $3.1m Geelong Region Job Connections program funding local job creation programs
- Over $1m for Deakin University, Waurn Ponds to fund three new research projects through the Australian Research Council
- $250,000 through the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre to the Geelong Advanced Fibre Cluster
I am proud to represent the Turnbull Government as we continue to encourage investment in Corangamite and build jobs for the future.
6 February 2017
Photo; with Tim Hart, Managing Director and CEO of Ridley Corporation