Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, today announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit up to $2m to rebuild the Jan Juc Surf Life Saving Club.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at Jan Juc Surf Life Saving Club, home to over 850 club members.
“This funding commitment will provide $2m towards the redevelopment of the Jan Juc SLSC clubhouse.
“The project involves demolition of the existing facility and construction of a new multi-purpose community hub and lifesaving facility.
“Having worked closely with the club over a number of years, I am delighted to be making this commitment today.
“Our surf lifesavers do such an important job protecting our beaches and saving lives.
“The new facilities will support the club’s great work for the community.
To date, I have made the following local election commitments:
- $20m local Jobs and Investment package which will fund business innovation grants, new or upgraded infrastructure and training to address skills shortages;
- Designate Avalon Airport as a regional airport, opening the door to new international flights;
- $20m for Princes Highway road safety upgrades west of Colac;
- $5m for a palliative care community hospice;
- $3.75m to fix road black spots across Corangamite – at Torquay, Modewarre, Smythesdale and Meredith
- Provide $1.07m to support heavy vehicle upgrade for Forest Road and Grays Road, Paraparap to increase the efficiency of heavy vehicle operations;
- $1m for planning rail duplication between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds;
- $975,000 for Colac CBD Entrances project;
- Four new mobile base stations to fix black spots at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra;
- Invest in renewable energy with another $100,000 for community solar, including for Lorne SLSC and McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $120,000 for new CCTV cameras in Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove to improve community safety;
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve;
- $2m to rebuild Jan Juc Surf Life Saving Club;
- $1m to redevelop Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club;
- $580,000 for clubroom upgrade at Winter Reserve Belmont;
- $500,000 to redevelop the Anglesea Bowling Club;
- $230,000 for clubroom upgrades at Stribling Reserve Lorne;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $200,000 to upgrade Birregurra Recreation Reserve;
- $200,000 for netball clubrooms upgrade at Spring Creek Reserve Torquay;
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $100,000 for a new Bannockburn soccer pavilion, new coaches boxes and fencing; and
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale
I am also delighted that as announced in the 2016 Budget, a re-elected Turnbull Government will deliver;
- Another $25m in the Great Ocean Road, $50m in total;
- $5m for safety upgrades on Forrest Apollo Bay Rd;
- $600,000 for planning the duplication of Grubb Rd Ocean Grove and Midland Highway between Geelong and Bannockburn;
- $1.5m to Foundation 61 for a new women’s rehab facility to combat “ice” in our community
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
26 June 2016