Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, has announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit up to $200,000 to upgrade netball facilities at Spring Creek Reserve Torquay.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at the home of the Torquay Tigers Netball Club yesterday.
“This funding commitment will provide $200,000 towards a new netball club pavilion which includes new change rooms, spectator viewing areas, equipment storage and a canteen.”
“This $650,000 development which includes $300,000 from Surf Coast Shire and $50,000 from club members is now fully funded.”
“The club has done a wonderful job raising $50,000 of its own money. I particularly want to commend president Julie Lewis and secretary Wendy Grotaers for all their hard work in advocating for such an important project.”
“With over 200 members, the Torquay Tigers Netball Club is an important part of the local community and makes a vital contribution to health and wellbeing.
“I am delighted to make this election commitment which is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $5m for Anam Cara Community Hospice;
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra;
- $3.75m for blackspot road upgrades in Torquay, Modewarre, Smythesdale and Meredith.
- $975,000 for Colac CBD Entrances project;
- $580,000 for clubroom upgrades at Winter Reserve Belmont;
- $230,000 for clubroom upgrades at Stribling Reserve Lorne;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $200,000 for new lights at Birregurra Recreation Reserve;
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale;
- $100,000 for new Bannockburn soccer pavilion, fencing and coaches boxes; and
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve.
The Turnbull Government has also announced in its 2016 Budget a further $25m for the Great Ocean Road, $5m for safety upgrades to the Forrest Apollo Bay Rd, $600,000 to plan the duplication of Grubb Rd Ocean Grove and the Midland Highway between Geelong and Bannockburn and $1.5m for a new women’s rehabilitation facility to combat the scourge of ice in our community.
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New Economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
19 June 2016