Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, has announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit $100,000 towards the redevelopment of a new Bannockburn soccer pavilion, new coaches boxes and fencing.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement last night at the Bannockburn recreation precinct, the home of the Golden Plains Soccer Club.
“This funding commitment will provide $100,000 towards the construction of a new pavilion, coaches boxes and fencing. This is in addition to $550,000 from Golden Plains Shire and $100,000 from Sport and Recreation Victoria for the new pavilion.”
“With soccer growing in popularity and participation levels, this investment will provide a major boost to the Golden Plains Soccer Club.”
“The facility will also be available for use by the Golden Plains Hockey Club and Bannockburn’s P-12 school. The Turnbull Government understands how important better sporting infrastructure is to health and well-being in our community.”
“I am delighted to make this election commitment which is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $5m for Anam Cara Community Hospice;
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra;
- $3.75m for blackspot road upgrades in Torquay, Modewarre, Smythesdale and Meredith.
- $975,000 for Colac CBD Entrances project;
- $580,000 for clubroom upgrades at Winter Reserve Belmont;
- $230,000 for clubroom upgrades at Stribling Reserve Lorne;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $200,000 for new lights at Birregurra Recreation Reserve;
- $200,000 for netball clubroom redevelopment at Spring Creek Reserve Torquay
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale; and
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve.
The Turnbull Government has also announced in its 2016 Budget a further $25m for the Great Ocean Road, $5m for safety upgrades to the Forrest Apollo Bay Rd, $600,000 to plan the duplication of Grubb Rd Ocean Grove and the Midland Highway between Geelong and Bannockburn and $1.5m for a new women’s rehabilitation facility to combat the scourge of ice in our community.
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New Economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
19 June 2016