Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, has announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit $580,000 to upgrade facilities at Winter Reserve, BelmontMs Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at Winter Reserve yesterday, the home of the Belmont Lions Football and Netball Club and the East Belmont Cricket Club.
“This funding commitment will provide $580,000 towards the redevelopment of a new sports pavilion. For far too long, Belmont Lions netballers have had virtually no change room facilities and an upgrade is desperately needed.”
“Winter Reserve is a key community asset for Belmont locals, and a hub for both junior and senior players and supporters. More funding is required to rebuild the clubrooms and change rooms and I am very hopeful that the City of Greater Geelong will make this project a funding priority in its 2016-17 Budget.”
Winter Reserve is badly in need of funding. The City also needs to improve roadway access into the reserve, particularly for ambulances, and fix an open stormwater drain.”
“After working with both clubs over a long period of time, I am delighted to be making this commitment today on behalf of the Turnbull Government. I want to particularly commend Belmont Lions president Gavin Wybar and East Belmont Cricket Club president Jim Timberlake.”
This announcement is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $5m for Anam Cara Community Hospice;
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra;
- $3.75m for blackspot road upgrades in Torquay, Modewarre, Smythesdale and Meredith;
- $975,000 for Colac CBD Entrances project;
- $230,000 for clubroom upgrades at Stribling Reserve Lorne;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $200,000 for new lights at Birregurra Recreation Reserve;
- $200,000 for netball clubroom redevelopment at Spring Creek Reserve Torquay;
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale;
- $100,000 for Bannockburn soccer pavilion, fencing and coaches boxes;
- $100,000 for community solar installations including $15,000 each for McDonald Reserve Belmont and Lorne SLSC; and
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve.Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New Economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
The Turnbull Government has also announced in its 2016 Budget a further $25m for the Great Ocean Road, $5m for safety upgrades to the Forrest Apollo Bay Rd, $600,000 to plan the duplication of Grubb Rd Ocean Grove and the Midland Highway between Geelong and Bannockburn and $1.5m for a new women’s rehabilitation facility to combat the scourge of ice in our community.
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New Economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
19 June 2016