Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, today announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit up to $230,000 to upgrade facilities at Lorne’s Stribling Reserve.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at Stribling Reserve, the home of the Lorne Dolphins football and netball club and the Lorne cricket club.
“This funding commitment will provide $200,000 towards the redevelopment of clubrooms including new change rooms for netball. A total of $30,000 will support the installation of a new electronic scoreboard which means this project is now fully funded.
“Stribling Reserve is a key community asset for Lorne locals including the Lorne Aireys P-12 College as well as visitors, and a hub for both junior and senior players and supporters.
“I am delighted to be making this commitment today; which will build on almost 100 years of history of community sport in Lorne.”
“I am proud of what we have already delivered for Lorne – a $1.3m upgrade between Stony Creek and Deans Marsh Rd as part of our $50m Great Ocean Road upgrade, NBN active in Lorne from October, $6,000 for Lorne Aquatic Club, $14,000 ANZAC Centenary grant for Lorne RSL, $4,800 for Lorne and District Men’s Shed and $15,000 for Lorne SLSC under our Community Solar program.
I have also vowed to continue my fight for Lorne’s fuel security.
I am delighted to make this election commitment which is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $200,000 for new lights at Birregurra Recreation Reserve;
- $5 million for Anam Cara Community Hospice;
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra;
- Almost $1million for Colac CBD Entrances project; and
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve.
Only the Turnbull Coalition Team has a Plan for a Strong New economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
11 June 2016