Federal Member for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, today announced that a re-elected Turnbull Government will commit up to $200,000 to upgrade facilities at Birregurra Recreation Reserve.
Ms Henderson was delighted to make the announcement at the Recreation Reserve, the home of the local football, cricket and netball clubs.
“This funding commitment will upgrade the lighting to the football oval – an important part of the club’s redevelopment plans,” said Ms Henderson.
“Better lighting means a safer playing and training environment, as well as a better spectator experience.
“I am delighted to be making this commitment today; and providing a boost for the vibrant sporting community in Birregurra.”
“I am proud of what we have already delivered for Birregurra – with the announcement of a new mobile phone base station and NBN fixed wireless tower, $10,000 for Birregurra Bowling Club and an equipment grant for the Birregurra Community Group.
I am delighted to make this election commitment which is in addition to the following commitments made over recent weeks:
- $180,000 for Barwon Heads netball courts at Howard Harmer Reserve;
- $100,000 for scoreboard and coaches box at Burdoo Reserve Grovedale;
- $168,000 for change room and spectator facility upgrade at McDonald Reserve Belmont;
- $220,000 for new lights at Inverleigh Reserve;
- $5 million for Anam Cara Community Hospice;
- Four new mobile base stations at Aireys Inlet, Anglesea, Bellbrae and Birregurra
- Almost $1 million for Colac CBD Entrances project; and
- Two Green Army projects for Queenscliff foreshore and Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse Reserve.
Only the Turnbull Liberal Team has a Plan for a Strong New economy, carefully structured to provide jobs and growth and a secure future for local families.
11 June 2016